Visualizar Next stop: where? em um mapa maior

04 August 2009

Japan - hot and humid

Travel in Japan has its rules. The heat can be unbearable; the tourists - among japanese, coreans and westerns - can be too many. The magic of Japan can stay hidden in those conditions. Hokkaido continues to be my special Japan. Cooler and few tourists, mountains and hiking. But I believe that I should discover Japan in another time of the year, with better conditions. Does it exist?

We are now in Kyoto, the tourist and temple centre of Japan. Its 35 very humid degrees outside and inside only bearable with air-con. Tomorrow we will take the bullet shinkansen to Fukuoka, one of the best living cities of Japan, following my readings. I hope it compares to Sapporo/Hokkaido, which is still my top city in Japan.

No comments:

Post a Comment