Visualizar Next stop: where? em um mapa maior

20 February 2009

Vaccination - Ouch!

Lucky me I've been traveling the last few years and lucky me that in Portugal we have a good coverage of vaccination (plus lucky I've Eva). Because of all that today I only got three vaccinations. And before we leave I'll get three boosters of them.

Diphtheria, tetanus, poliomyelitis, hepatitis A and B, measles, yellow fever, typhoid fever, rabies and tick-borne encephalitis are the diseases I should be a bit more protected now and for the next couple years. Today it was the first injection for the latter three of the list. Rabies needs four injections to be effective for 10 years, tick-borne encephalitis needs three. They wanted also to give me the japanese encephalitis one but I thought would not be needed.

Well, apart of this we will need to have emergency antibiotics or similar for malaria, diarrhea and maybe other things. At the hospital they gave me a paper with medication to take with me, just in case. Well, just in case I've Eva, I let her to take care of me (and us).

No comments:

Post a Comment